Sri Lankan Chicken Curry (Kukul Mas Curry) Recipe
* 3 lb Chicken or Chicken pieces * 3-4 tbs. lemon juice * 6 cloves Garlic & 1 inch Ginger root – crushed together * 2 tsps Salt * 1 tbs. Powdered black pepper * 1 tbs. Roasted Curry powder (see recipe for home made roasted curry powder ) * 1/2 tbs. dry red chili powder * 4 Cardamoms * 2 Cloves * 8 Curry leaves * 4 pieces Rampe * 1 inch piece Cinnamon * 1 medium Onion (sliced) * 3 tbs Vegetable oil * 2 tbs Tomato paste or sauce * 1 cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk METHOD: * Wash chicken pieces and drain water thoroughly. * Add lemon juice, crushed garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, curry powder and red chili. * Coat the chicken pieces well with the spices and set aside for about 1/2 hour. * Heat the oil in a saucepan. * Fry curry leaves and rampe. * Add onions and fry until soft. * Add the chicken pieces and stir for sometime. * Add cinnamon, lemon grass, cardamom, cloves and stir until well mixed. * Add tomato paste (or sauce) and stir until all pieces are well coated (If the curry is too dry and tend to stick to the saucepan, add 1-2 cups water & stir). * Close with a lid and allow the chicken to cook on slow heat. * Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil without covering. * Taste and adjust salt.
No comments yet.
- Bates 2261 Emforcer Series Untra Lites Tactical Sport Side Zip Military Boots for Mens
- Danner 42980 Striker II GTX 8″ Boots
- Timberland Pro 87530 Steel Toe Brown Safety Boots
- Eagle Work Clothes – Brands
- Danner 26118 Men’s Uniform Boots
- Danner 26117 Men’s Uniform Boots
- ANSI Class III 4203 Bomber Jackets
- ANSI Class III 4301 Foul Weather Coats Windbreakers
- Danner 15655X Danner USMC Cold Weather Military Boots
- Danner 43520X Danner® ICH™ Military Boots
- Danner 43525X Danner® ICH™ Military Boots
- Danner 43530X Danner® ICH™ Tan Military Boots